The Orange Blush Edit

As a self-proclaimed blush addict, it's no surprise that I have quite the stash of blushers in my collection. These days, some of my favourite shades to wear tend to be of the less traditional variety.
As the summer comes to a close, I thought I would share with you all some of my favourite orange-based choices. Although the warmer months are almost behind us, I still think that many of these shades can work for autumn.
When wearing orange blush, my personal advice is to head forward with a light hand, particularly if you tend to lean on the pale side of things, like myself. Opting for a duo-fibre brush can really help you out when working with such intensely pigmented shades.


NARS Blush in Luster - While it may look quite orange in the pan, Luster has a golden sheen to it. One of the less pigmented shades, this is a good shade for someone new to using orange blusher.
Kat Von D Everlasting Blush in Wish - The newest addition to my stash is a neutral peach shade with a hint of shimmer. A wearable shade that does not draw attention to problematic pores.
Illamasqua Powder Blusher in Lover - Currently on the Illamasqua website for less than half price, this blusher is easily the most pigmented of the bunch. This shade is a matte apricot colour, and while the pigmentation is very intense, it can work for many skin tones.
Milani Baked Blush in Luminoso - A shade that has received its fair share of attention in the beauty world, Luminoso is your drugstore solution to orange blusher. The shade is a lovely warm peach colour with just the right amount of sheen. You could use a duo fibre brush for this offering, but I prefer to use an angled contour brush to amp up the intensity.

Limited Edition:
MAC Cosmetics Mineralize Blush in Warmth of Coral - While the word coral is in the name, this shade is most definitely orange. Warmth of Coral does not have any shimmer and is kind of the cool-toned sister of Lover. I generally use duo fibre brushes with MAC Mineralize Blushes, but since this one has no shimmer, any powder brush will do.
MAC Cosmetics Powder Blush in Supercontinental - I would describe this shade as a more pigmented version of Luminoso. The shimmer is a lot more obvious, and on my skin, it tends to look more coral than orange.

From L-R: Lover, Luminoso, Luster, Supercontinental, Warmth of Coral, Wish
Do any of you prefer to wear orange blusher? Any favourite shades?
Let me know in the comments below!

Oh, and I know my Illamasqua blusher is looking a little worse for wear at the moment, I just haven't gotten a chance to pick up the things I need to fix it.
Maybe it'll see an improvement by my next post...



 

Twitter

Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Instagram