Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush

When Hourglass Cosmetics released their Ambient Lighting Powders, I couldn't wait to get my hands on them. It was marketed as a finishing powder that would diffuse and soften the way light hits the skin. While I wasn't overly impressed with them as an all-over face powder, I did love it as a highlight, and for good reason. They're finely milled, never chalky, and have solid staying power. So you can imagine how excited I was when they announced their newest product - Ambient Lighting Blush.

Here's what the Hourglass website had to say about the product...


This groundbreaking hybrid combines the customized lighting effects of
Ambient Lighting Powder with a spectrum of breathtakingly modern hues.
The result is a natural radiant finish with seamless,
soft-focus and buildable color. 

Sold! Being an absolute blush freak, I decided that I would order all six offerings as soon as they were released. And then I looked at my bank account... That obviously wouldn't be happening any time soon. So, I waited until the reviews started surfacing online. (My favourite for swatches? Temptalia, of course.) It was then that I realized I really didn't need all of them (duh!)

I originally thought I would want Ethereal Glow, but decided that it wouldn't serve much of a purpose as a blush, being so light in colour. In the end, I settled on Radiant Magenta, and I could not be more pleased! 

Hourglass Cosmetics Ambient Lighting Blush - Radiant Magenta
Much like its predecessor, the Ambient Lighting Blush has a lovely texture and fantastic staying power. However, it was the pigmentation that I was most impressed with. You hardly need to use any product to get good payoff on the skin. In fact, I recommend using a duo fibre brush to apply this product, depending on the look you're going for. 

It's just so darn pretty...
As I mentioned before, there are some similarities with the shade offerings.
Ethereal Glow is very light and I imagine it would be more suitable as a highlight for most.
Luminous Flush, Diffused Heat, and Radiant Magenta are all a bit too similar for me to buy more than one.
Mood Exposure is definitely darker than all of the other shades, with Dim Infusion leaning a bit more coral (read: orange) than the rest. 
Ambient Lighting Blush vs. Ambient Lighting Powder
If you're looking to take the plunge, you can find them here at the Hourglass Cosmetics website.
These blushes are definitely smaller than the original powder - 0.15 oz versus 0.35 oz. You'll also notice that they're a bit pricier than your average blush, coming in at a whopping $41CAD.
To put that in perspective with some of my favourites...
Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush: $31CAD for 0.2 oz.
Illamasqua Powder Blusher: $32CAD for 0.14 oz.

So, what are your thoughts on these blushes? Let me know in the comments below...
I've still got my eye on Dim Infusion. Do I smell a coral/orange blush post coming up for Spring?




 

Twitter

Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Instagram