Morning Skincare Routine


Now, I'm a girl that absolutely despises washing her face before bed, but doing it after I've just woken up is a completely different story. I am most definitely not a morning person, but the process of preparing my skin for the day ahead really helps to wake me up. To some it may seem a bit time consuming, to others, not nearly enough. I'll leave that to you once you've seen the whole process.
But before I begin, one obvious disclaimer: This routine changes on an as-needed basis, depending on my specific skin concerns for the day.
Continue reading to find out more...

Cleanse
First Aid Beauty Skin Rescue Deep Cleanser with Red Clay 
This cleanser is absolutely divine! Though it comes out of the tube looking like a red gel, it turns into a nice white lather quickly after adding water. It is designed to purify the skin, unclog pores, and remove excess oils. Since I'm a gal who has to worry about her makeup slipping off by the middle of the day, I try to do anything I can to prevent that from happening. Not only has this cleanser help keep my skin balanced with regards to oiliness, but it has also helped to improve the overall state of my skin. It should also be important to note that I do use a topical acne treatment (more on that at a later date...) and this cleanser does not dry out my skin in the least!

Tone
Korres Pomegranate Toner
While I know that some people disregard the entire step of toning, it is one that I personally think has helped with the improvement of my skin in a big way. Anyone who knows me knows that I have a weird obsession with buying toners, but the one I'm loving right now for the day has got to be this product from Korres. The toner acts as an astringent to clarify and mattify the skin. It contains both pomegranate water and pomegranate extract, which are full of anti-oxidants. The ingredient list also includes witch hazel and salicylic acid to help clarify and mattify the skin. I still haven't decided if I like the scent of it yet, but it does dissipate rather quickly after use.

Hydrate
Indeed Labs Hydraluron Moisture Booster
Any of you who even know of Caroline Hirons have surely heard about Hydraluron. It is a hydrating serum packed with hyaluronic acid, which as an fyi, holds up to 1,000 times its weight in water, making it the perfect precursor to your moisturizer. Another important note about this serum is that it contains a specific type of marine red algae, which promotes skin turnover, allowing the hyaluronic acid to better penetrate the skin.

Origins GinZing Energy-Boosting Moisturizer
This has got to be the absolute best scent to put on your face first thing in the morning. This lightweight moisturizer has a very strong citrus scent that I personally adore. It is an oil-free formulation, so it is designed to work on all skin types. Coming from someone who has sensitive/acne prone skin, I can tell you that this one did not break me out. I am a bit oily, and I wouldn’t say that this helps, but it also doesn’t lead to more oil production throughout the day. And just on a personal note, I don’t rub it in too much, as I like to let a little sink in rather than going into the skin on my hands. 

First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream
I just thought I would throw this one in, even though it’s not something I use all the time. If my skin is feeling a bit dry or I can see some rough patches, I’ll apply a generous amount of this, just to those areas, to amp up the hydration. I have used this all over the face during the day, and if you don’t mind a slightly heavier moisturizer, or you find you need something more substantial than the Origins offering, then this might be the one for you.

Treat
Indeed Labs Eysilix Instant Eye Rescue
I wasn’t sure if I wanted to include this in the hydrate or the treat category, but I figured there was already too much in the first category, so I went with the second option. Anyway, this is an eye cream that I use on a regular basis that is perfectly lightweight and gentle on that ever-so delicate area. I’m not sure if it packs quite enough of a punch for anyone with serious anti-aging concerns, but if you’re just looking to add a bit more hydration to the skin around your eyes, then I would definitely recommend giving this one a go.  

Origins Super Spot Remover Acne Treatment Gel
There’s a mouthful for you. This little baby is the answer to your prayers when you wake up with a big spot – especially if it’s before an important event. While I already use a prescription treatment a few times a week at night, I do like to have something to put on those really pesky spots during the day. And the best part? It doesn’t flake off during the day so you’re free to put makeup right on top of it. 


Phew! That was a long one, but a couple of people had asked for it, so there you have it. My go-to morning skincare routine.
Have you tried any of the products mentioned above? Care to share your own routine? Feel free to do so in the comments!



 

Twitter

Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Instagram