The Kylie Jenner Lip

If you happen to have even the slightest interest in makeup, then you know that pretty much everyone and their dog is obsessed with the lip colour Kylie Jenner has been rocking lately.
The only problem is that no one seems to know what product(s) she's using.
I am most definitely one of those who is loving her lipstick shade, so I decided I would attempt to recreate it for myself.
I searched and swatched and tore my lip drawer apart, but just couldn't find something that was going to do the trick. Obviously that meant a trip to the mall was in order.



After an unnatural amount of time spent at MAC, I found two products that got the job done, especially when working with my already fairly pigmented lips. 
Enter MAC's lip pencil in Subculture and lipstick in Faux. While the two look rather similar in the above photo, the lip liner is substantially more brown-based than the lipstick.
Depending on your colouring, you may need to play with the balance of these products, but I think with a bit of tweaking, they could work for most people looking to get Kylie's much coveted look.


Top - Bottom: Subculture, Faux, Faux layered over Subculture
(Still working on my swatch photo skills, bear with me...)
It's worth mentioning that Faux is not a matte shade, which I didn't mind because my lips have been pretty dry lately. However, there's a quick fix for that. Once I've applied my products, I blot the lips to take away some of the sheen. If that doesn't do enough to mattify the look to your preference, you can take single-ply tissue and lay it over the mouth before giving it a dust of a transparent powder. Do make sure to use something that is completely transparent, as you don't want to leave the lips with a white overlay!

I think it's safe to say I've found my new go-to lip colour for back-to-school...



 

Twitter

Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Instagram