The Weekend Post: Reading Week

So, there it goes. My final Reading Week. This time next year I will have finally graduated and will be out into the "Real World". Dun, dun, dun...
As usual, I returned to The Motherland to spend some time with family and friends.

The Motherland (Cape Breton Island)
Since it was my final reading week, I decided to do something I had never done during a previous Reading Week - Read. Shocking, I know.
Technically this is supposed to be the time that you catch up on school work and read school-related things, but let's not get too picky.

Since I'll be moving to Alberta in August, I'm trying to work my way through some of the literature lying around my apartment so I don't have to worry about taking it with me. This is currently what's on the list.
Over the break, I finished Far To Go, by Allison Pick (not pictured) and made a fairly substantial dent in The Book Thief, which I am currently loving. If you couldn't guess, I have a bit of an interest in World War II, so it's not weird to see quite a few related reads on my bookshelf.
Once I finish Zusak's book, I'll continue to work my way down the pile.
I'll eventually read them all...
Aside from reading, I spent a pretty significant amount of time watching The Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics. Pretty good one for Canada this year, eh? Between events I managed to make time to hangout with friends and enjoy some live music - see Instagram for more details (videos) on that! And, of course, what's a trip home without a visit to the salon? This time I decided to change it up and go dark again, but this time, for fun, threw in a bit of red to spice things up.

On my way back to university, I took a few pictures of The Island and I just couldn't resist sharing a couple with you all...

St. Ann's Look-Off
One more time...
Nothin' but clear skies ahead.
Closed for the season...
So, what do you like to do when you have time away from school or work?
Share some ideas in the comments below!
(Also, I know... technically the weekend is over, but as I still haven't gone to bed, it's still Sunday in my books!)

 

Twitter

Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Instagram